Here at Innovo Detox, we understand the ongoing uncertainty and anxiety surrounding the coronavirus public health pandemic. However, we also know that people seeking detox in Pennsylvania and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic area cannot put on hold seeking services. Addiction is too deadly an epidemic to “wait till COVID ends.”
Therefore, we knew as soon as the coronavirus public health pandemic began, we would need to take all necessary precautions and implement all health and safety recommendations set forth by the CDC to ensure that our detox facility offered a haven of health and safety during COVID-19. The health and safety of our patients and staff is always our top priority, as we continue to offer life-saving, life-sustaining detox and medical stabilization services to those in need of recovery from addiction, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders.
So, to make everyone aware of the steps we have taken, here is a list of health and safety protocols that we have adopted and implemented facility wide, taking all necessary precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. As always, we follow CDC guidelines and Pennsylvania state mandates to implement these policies and procedures, and our management team consistently reevaluates them as COVID-19 continues and additional information becomes available.
- All staff, patients, and permitted visitors get a temperature reading upon entering our detox facility
- All unessential and unnecessary facility visitors have been suspended since the beginning of the outbreak, including vendors and business tours. Only patients and essential employees/contractors are able to enter Innovo Detox
- Masks are worn by everyone in the building, provided by Innovo Detox
- Signage has been placed and posted throughout the facility regarding proper handwashing techniques and coughing/sneezing etiquette
- Social distancing policies have been implemented within the facility, including in medical or therapy sessions and group therapy sessions. Patients and staff are instructed not to congregate in offices and common areas
- Innovo Detox leadership encourages staff to abide by CDC and state recommended guidelines in terms of social distancing and essential activities outside of the workplace
- We have implemented a COVID-19 screening tool that anyone new to the facility (including incoming patients) must complete, including questions regarding travel, COVID-19 exposure, and other health concerns
- If a patient presents with COVID-19 symptoms, that patient is tested and quarantined in their room until accurate test results are received. Our bedrooms include all necessary comforts, including flatscreen televisions and cable, so any patient is comfortable during this time. Only one nurse per shift is permitted to interact with the patient and meals are delivered to the patient’s bedroom.
- If staff is believed to have been exposed to COVID-19, they are instructed to self-quarantine until a negative test result is received
- We have implemented a comprehensive cleaning service working in the detox facility 7 days/week, 16 hours/day
- We provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer for everyone entering Innovo Detox and in the medical areas. Alcohol-based sanitizer is kept secure from unsupervised patients
- Human Resources and Compliance teams at Innovo Detox participate in regular ongoing webinars that provide updated information and education on COVID-19 workplace health and safety measures and protocols
Again, we want to assure everyone that we continue to adopt the highest and stringent health and safety measures available to make sure our staff and patients are kept healthy and safe. The ongoing addiction epidemic continues to grow throughout America, alongside the coronavirus public health pandemic. So we promise to continue to adhere to all necessary health and safety guidelines to keep everyone in our detox facility safe, so that we can continue to operate and provide the highest quality of evidence-based detox and medical stabilization services available to those in need, so that they may begin to overcome addiction and continue their journey of recovery.
If you or someone you know needs help for addiction or co-occurring disorders, please give us a call. Innovo Detox offers the latest in evidence-based medical, psychiatric, and clinical care for those in need of detox and medical stabilization in Pennsylvania and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic area. If we aren’t the best fit for you or a loved one, we will take the necessary time to work with you to find a detox, rehab, treatment center or provider that better fits your needs. Please give us a call at (717) 619-3260 or email our team at email@example.com. For more information on our company or services, please visit our website at www.innovodetox.com.