Careers at Innovo
Innovo Detox is expanding and always looking for quality, talented professionals to add to our staff.
Innovo Detox is looking to hire Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses to work in the newly opening detox center. The nurses will execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, including transcribing and administering routine and prescribed medications in accordance with procedures established by the Medical Director and the Director of Nursing. Nurses are expected to actively and compassionately interact with patients to encourage engagement in treatment after completion of detoxification and maintain open lines of communication to ensure the best patient care is being provided. Responsible for recording patient observations and activities in the patient records accurately and timely in accordance with nursing standards and organizational policies and procedures. Qualified nurses will have knowledge and ability to provide a full range of nursing care to clients with a variety of withdrawal symptoms, other somatic issues and behavioral health problems. Nurses should be able to demonstrate skillful, tactful communication with clients who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful and/or agitated. Nursing staff should be comfortable facilitating medication education for new patients and patients that are starting new medications. Nurses will be responsible for monitoring self-administration of medication by oral, sublingual and inhalation routes and documenting appropriately. In addition, nurses will be required to maintain patient confidentiality and assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Minimum Associate Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Registered Nurse working in behavioral health/substance abuse preferred
- Licensed to practice in the State of Pennsylvania as a RN or LPN required
The Admissions Specialist is responsible for handling the intake process with all new admissions and answering incoming calls from potential patients (to include rotation in on-call schedule). Additionally, the Admissions Specialist will assist with making appropriate referrals to specialty and social services.
- Experience with benefits, working with patients’ families during the intake process, understanding diagnosis codes and with EMR system(s) preferred
- CADC preferred.
- Complete intake screening paperwork on new admits; interview and evaluate prospective patients and family members
- Work directly with prospective patients and families
- Answer Admissions Department phone calls and screen potential patients, making referrals as appropriate
- Coordinate referrals to specialty and social services when appropriate
- Identify factors which may interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from treatment
- Maintain records and make written and oral reports concerning intake processes, referral reports, and billing reports
- Prepare eligibility and benefits for new patients through insurance and 3rd party payers
- Comply with company and department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environmental, infection control, and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Participate in on-call rotation for admission calls
- Represent the company and/or unit as assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Innovo Detox is looking to hire a team of Housekeepers to maintain the facility. Housekeepers will be expected to perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain offices, hallways, patient rooms, and other assigned areas. They will clean and disinfect all areas of the building. Duties will include but are not limited to dusting, mopping, disposing of trash, cleaning linens, replenishing paper products, cleaning discharged patients’ empty rooms, maintaining current patient bedrooms and bathrooms, etc. Housekeepers must maintain orderliness and cleanliness of work areas and patient rooms. Housekeepers will ensure patient rooms are stocked with appropriate items prior to patient’s admissions. Housekeepers will communicate with patients to promote their comfort and notify nursing or other available team member as needed to meet patient’s requests.
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry 11 to 25 lbs)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
- Works in precarious or high locations (ladders)
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements
- May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
Innovo Detox is looking to hire Therapeutic Assistants to work in the newly opening detox center in Abbottstown, PA. The Therapeutic Assistants must maintain open communication with the Director of Support Services, fellow Therapeutic Assistants, patients, families and other staff members of Innovo Detox. This position is responsible for ensuring that the patients are safe, accounted for, and following their daily schedules within the facility’s policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards of the State and Federal regulations. Confidentiality and proper boundaries must always be maintained to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients. Therapeutic Assistants serve as advocates for patients and must respect the rights of patients at all times. Therapeutic Assistants assist with providing and maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for staff and patients. This position is responsible for monitoring and reporting all progress/lack of progress on a consistent basis, documenting and submitting documentation to appropriate staff members via shift notes, shift reports, verbal communication, etc.
Position reports directly to Director of Supportive Services. Experience working in dual diagnosis, mental health and/or substance abuse field not required, but a plus. Qualifications include knowledge of addictions, addiction treatment, 12 Step recovery process. Healthcare experience a plus. High school diploma or equivalent education. Excellent verbal and writing communication skills. Ability to use basic computer skills and create clinical notation. Experience with EMR software a plus.
A minimum of 1-year experience in treatment industry preferred.
Innovo Detox is hiring a Cook to prepare food for the patients that will follow standard practices, procedures and sanitation. The Cook is expected to work with the Chef to prepare nourishing, well-balanced healthy meals to serve to the patients and staff members. The cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and baking meals and desserts for the facility. In addition, the cook will assist with receiving deliveries and supervising storage. Cooks are expected to assist in cleaning equipment and areas after meals while maintaining health and safety standards.
- Knowledgeable of food safety and sanitation
- Ability understand and follow recipes; prepare food and serve it attractively; maintain kitchen area cleanliness, etc.
- Must be flexible in work hours in order to meet facility needs
careers at innovo
careers at innovo : Innovo Detox offers the latest evidence-based medical, psychiatric and clinical care at our state-of-the-art drug detox and alcohol detox facility in Pennsylvania. We realize that anyone who comes through our doors has already lived through the pain of addiction, and so we believe that detox should provide an atmosphere of respect and dignity. During your time at Innovo, you will be under the care of our dedicated staff of professionals who understand both the disease of addiction and your needs as an individual.